1. All screens (T.V, phone, tablet etc) emit a form of blue light that suppresses melatonin levels - Blocking Blue light helps sleep
2. Simple mindfulness practice reduces hormone cortisol (which hinders sleep) - Mindfulness reduces cortisol
3. Eating simple everyday foods that contain the mineral Tryptophan & increase Melatonin to improve sleep - Food for sleep
4. Infographic - info about lots of studies and a picture of how lack of sleep effects us
5. Melatonin – More Than Just a Sleep Hormone
6. How sleep effects academic performance
7. How better sleep reduces anxiety. Yes this is a Daily Mail article but it does site established research. I love this article because it highlights part of my premise for the Super Sleep Method book. People come to mindfulness to reduce anxiety, improve focus and strengthen resilience. All of which can be achieved simply by improving sleep.
And this is not a science article but it is an interesting read; Sleep is more important than food.